Are you planning to relocate your vehicle? Have you hired any vehicle transport company? Is your vehicle ready to go?
No one is going to move your vehicle individually! Rather, it will be loaded in a multi-car carrying truck and delivered to its destination. So, you have to make it clear that your car is ready for this adventure!
Here are the steps to follow to prepare your car for shipping:
- Clean Your Vehicle: There is a risk that your car gets damaged during the relocation. So, wash your vehicle and check for all the already available scratches, dents, and dings. Better to click the pics so that you can prove later if your car gets any damage. Clean both from inside and outside!
- Remove the unnecessary materials: Removing the things not required for the vehicle to move can help in avoiding the situation of things tossing around inside the car. Don’t keep anything like air freshener, chargers, speakers, and spare parts in your car. Also, it is better to remove the expensive things than feeling guilty afterward.
- Disable alarm: The car might get slightly hit while relocating, and the buzzing of an alarm can irritate the truck driver in that situation. To make the journey peaceful, disable the alarm.
- No need to gas up: As no one is going to drive your car, there is no need to fill it up. Also, the full tank vehicle would be heavier, and this will add to the auto transport rates. So, keep a little fuel only in the car!
- No Leakage: Check if there is any leakage before handing over your vehicle to the vehicle transport company. If there is any, get it repaired as soon as possible as vehicle drivers deny to take the vehicle having a leakage problem. Also, make sure to check for tire inflation.
- Lock Your Car: Once your vehicle is prepared, lock the vehicle. Lock everything to keep your car safe from thieves. And make sure to keep the keys safely with you so that you can unlock it once delivered.
So now, as you are aware of different steps to follow, go for a safe vehicle transport journey! To know more and get connected to the best car shipping companies in the United States, visit Pro Auto Transport!