There are more than 500 shipping companies in USA alone. How do you choose a good vehicle shipping company? The easiest way is to research online, look up directories, get a few quotes, compare their cost, reputation, ease of access (geographical location) and decide what’s best for you.
Easier said than done right? There are pitfalls every step of the way:
- Research online: Sorting vast array of information, bogus results and trash data consumes many man hours. Researching all tough is the most effective way of getting a good deal but can never be replaced by actual on site visits. Also, it’s a good option for those who have a couple of months before they decide to finally ship their car. For people on shorter time budgets it is better to stick to calling up the experts directly and let them do their job.
- Look up directories: Directories can be a great way to sort through the trash and get some really good listings. Only thing to take care of here is that the companies listed in the directories are insured, bonded and licensed. Some directories have low rankings – beware of those. Only choose the best in the market.
- Getting quotes: Companies that are providing free and INSTANT quotes might be a red flag. Although this point can be contended because the experienced shippers have readymade quotes for almost all vehicles. But newer companies in order to get in more customers may over promise and under deliver.
- Comparisons: This is the only error free step in the whole process. If the above pitfalls are steered clear off than we automatically arrive at good, accurate quotes which can give you a good idea to base your budget on. Needless to say you also arrive at the good reputable companies which will be a pleasure to work with
- Ease of access: What good a company be to you if it is not easily accessible and that’s where the common sense of location comes in. Before you start the entire process of sifting through, make sure you start with the closest first and then move on if no good players are available. Or, you only want to work with national leaders.